Delivering good quality feedback enables your students to develop their subject knowledge and academic skills in a targeted and effective way. What’s more, it’s something that students consistently ask for in national satisfaction surveys.
In light of this, and growing use of PebblePad in the faculty, the Learning Innovation Unit (LIU) has produced An introduction to providing feedback for staff working with PebblePad.
The resource focuses on six current HE feedback practices:
- Feed forward
- Formative feedback
- Peer feedback
- Dialogic feedback
- Assessment rubrics as a feed forward tool, and
- Feedback in a range of formats
Supported by literature from the field of teaching and learning, this resource:
- Defines each feedback practice,
- Explains how this practice can be delivered by staff using PebblePad,
- Explores the advantages of this practice, and
- Provides further reading about the feedback practice in question in the form of published articles from fellow HE practitioners.
In addition, this resource also explores PebblePad’s own time-saving feedback tools such as feedback statements and pausing assignments.
Although aimed at colleagues using, or considering using PebblePad, this resource may also be of value to any teaching staff interested in contemporary feedback practice.
For those colleagues already using PebblePad, this resource should provide you with everything you need to start making the most of PebblePad’s excellent feedback features.
If you would like to explore feedback practice in PebblePad with support from the LIU, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.