- Hover over the ‘Add Menu Item’ button and click on ‘Tool Link’. See below:
- Give your Tool Link a meaningful name, for example Discussion Board.
- Underneath the type of Tool Link, make sure you select ‘Discussion Board’.
- Make sure you tick ‘Available to Users’ to make this link available to your students.
- Click ‘Submit’ . The Tool Link will appear at the bottom of your menu.
- Click on the ‘Re-order items’ button.
- Scroll down to find the Tool Link that you created, highlight it and use the ‘up arrow’ to move it up the list to where you want it go and click ‘Submit’.
- A dialogue box confirms ‘Items have been reordered’. Click ‘ok’.
The advantage of the former is that you can add in some introductory content for the students.
Also, provide some guidance for students on what is acceptable practice. You could use this example: