How to use and share a document cam in hybrid teaching.
This article is an extension to the guide Hybrid teaching made simple.
- Please note that document cams cannot be shared on BB Collaborate and used as a Panopto stream simultaneously. Recordings should be made using BB Collaborate.
On the Extron podium control panel:
- Click on ‘DOC CAM’/’Visualiser’.
- Select the projector/s you wish to display to.
In the BB Collaborate ‘Share Content’ tab, click on ‘Share camera’ and select the appropriate source (usually prefixed AVer).
In some room types (TEAL rooms/lecture theatres) the source may be described as ‘USB Capture HDMI’.
When finished reverse the steps above.
- Stop sharing the document cam in BB Collaborate.
- Share the correct screen again in BB Collaborate.
- On the Extron panel click on ‘PC’ and then select the projectors to display the PowerPoint or other content being used.
Image courtesy of Pexels