New regulations came into force in September 2018. This has implications for all our content on Blackboard, which needs to be in an accessible format to comply with the guidelines.
Guidance on Gov.uk website
- Check UWE’s Events page for dates for the Bitesize: Creating accessible documents webinars.
- If you are creating new documents, please refer to UWE’s Creating accessible documents webpage.
- The LinkedIn Learning course on Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office (25 mins) provides some easy to follow tips.
- Blackboard Ally is available within your Blackboard courses – software that checks documents and Blackboard content items for accessibility issues.
- UWE’s digital accessibility guidance contains a range of information to help staff create accessible resources, including links to accessible templates.
- Practical guides for improving digital accessibility is an interactive resource that includes step-by-step guides for creating accessible Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Blackboard content items.
- Our Accessibility page includes all accessibility-related posts.
A set of designing learning materials and other resources for accessibility (PDF) by UK Home Office is displayed below. Accessible HTML versions of these posters are also available.