Using third party content in teaching materials and recordings

[Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay]

If you are using content other than your own in your teaching material or recordings, then you will need to ensure that you have the appropriate permissions to use that content (e.g. extracts of text, images, recordings).

UWE’s Library has comprehensive information on its Copyright and teaching page. This includes information on the different licences available for using:

  • Text under the Copyright Licensing Agency’s Education licence, and using the Library’s Digitisation Service.
  • Licensed e-resources (i.e. databases, e-journals and e-books).
  • TV and radio programmes.
  • Print and digital newspaper publications.
  • Ordnance surveys.

There is also a list of exceptions under which you can use copyright content for educational purposes, and examples of copyright in practice:

If you are unsure of when you can legitimately use content other than your own in your teaching materials and recordings, please contact the library.