HAS Digital Education Good Practice Sharing (GPS) Events
Our weekly sessions give a great opportunity to explore and share good practice in learning and teaching. These are managed locally by the Faculty (hosted by Antony Hill, Associate Dean for Quality, Learning & Teaching) in conjunction with the Education Innovation Team.
These events are lightweight, regular and all are welcome.
The sessions will be hosted in the Good Practice Sharing Webinar Room. This will be the same every week.
- Thursday 25th Mar 14:00-14:30 Learning Lab (Andy Ridgway)
- W/c 29th Marc – Easter Break
- W/c 5th April – Easter Break
- Thursday 15th April 16:00-16:30 – Learning Pods (Vanessa Parmenter)
- Thursday 22nd April 15:00-15:30 – HAS Professional L&T Staff Development Strategy (Antony)
- Friday 30th April 11:00-11:30 – Programme Newsletters using Microsoft Sway (Jennie Ferrell)
The playlist containing the recordings of each event can be found at go.uwe.ac.uk/gps . Questions can’t always be answered in sessions so there is a post session timeline to deal with those questions.
Previous events include:
26th Nov – Blended-learning teaching – time to reflect and bring your ideas on what’s working well! (Discussion – Antony Hill)
3rd Dec – Podcasts with service users (Daniella Leloch)
Friday 15th Jan 11:30-12:00 – TB2 and beyond (Antony Hill)
Thursday 21st Jan 12:30-13:00 – Making Undergraduate & Masters Research Projects Work – From Lab to Life (Emmanuel Adukwu)
Friday 29th Jan 12:30-13:00 – Elective Days (Heather Short)
Friday 5th Feb 09:30-10:00 – Making Forensic Science Interactive online (Louise Hatherall)
Thursday 11th Feb 11:30-12:00 – Learning Gain (Frances Bathurst)
Available skills training
Block zero has its specific training mini site . Other than that upcoming training relevant to the Faculty strategy are digested below.
- Getting Started with Blackboard (B) This two-hour webinar is aimed at those who would like to know how to use Blackboard to add and organise course materials.
- Making Blackboard interactive (B) The course is aimed at staff who would like to learn how to use some of the interactive tools in Blackboard to stay connected with their students and create an online learning environment. e.g. Blogs, wikis and discussion boards.
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (B) This 1.5 hour webinar is aimed at those who would like to know more about the UWE Bristol webinar technology, Collaborate. This session will demonstrate the webinar experience using Collaborate from the perspective of a participant and a webinar host.
- Collaborate Break Out Groups (I) This 1.5 hour webinar is aimed at those who are already using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and would like to know more about and practice using ‘Break Out Groups’
- Getting started with event capture (B) This 1.5 hour webinar is aimed at those who would like to know how to use Panopto to record events.
- Editing a Panopto recording (B) This two-hour webinar is aimed at those who would like to know how to use the Panopto editing suite to edit Panopto recordings.
- Getting started with event capture (B) This session is designed to introduce Mentimeter, UWE Bristol’s online polling tool to staff.
- Making Accessible Documents (B) Introduces basic principles that can be used to improve the accessibility of Word and PowerPoint documents that you create.
- A flexible approach to communication (B) This webinar is aimed at supporting UWE Bristol staff to achieve a more flexible way of working by using Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business.
- Making the most of Microsoft Teams (B) This webinar is aimed at supporting UWE Bristol staff who want to know more about Microsoft Teams, including: creating a team, team management, file management, calls and meetings, Teams phone app, and further apps available within Teams.